Brand & Community / Merchandising / Retail / Supporter Relations
1. Create brand awareness for LAFC’s first season in Major League Soccer through Merchandise.
2. Create the best in-stadium atmosphere in North American soccer.
3. Host grassroots community events that bring the community of Los Angeles together.
4. Strike deals with corporate partners that align with the principles of the Club.
5. Expand the Club to transcend the 90 minutes of a soccer match into the every day lives of people in Los Angeles.
1. Work with the Design Team to create special merchandise programs that stay consistent to brand messaging, aesthetic, and fashion trends.
2. Assist Patrick Aviles (Supporter Relations) in creating synergy between the Club and 3252 Independent Supporter’s Union through grassroots events, bi-weekly council meetings, direct communication platforms (What’s App, Slack), collaborative merchandise, and trips to away games.
3. Communicate with Club Partners (Delta, Heineken, Toyota, and more) to hold events that celebrate the fans and different communities of Los Angeles. These events have varied from tailgate parties, in-stadium activations, disaster relief drives, pop-up events, Youth Programs, and indoor futsal court reveals.
4. Consult with Partnership Team to fulfill deliverables in promotional giveaway items, events, content, and merchandise.
5. Work with Retail Partner Fanatics and LAFC’s Digital Team to create revenue through special promotions via digital platforms (email blast,
social media platforms, push notifications, in-stadium signage, and advertisement).
6. Act as the merchandising liason between Club (LAFC), Retailer (Fanatics), Brand (adidas), and League (Major League Soccer), to maintain communication regarding inventory, brand integrity, and promotions.
7. Cultural Outreach - spread awareness of LAFC locally and globally by working with influencers, celebrities, community leaders, foreign media outlets, and earned media outlets.
“LAFC made itself a player in one of the most competitive sports markets in the country.
The franchise opened a stadium within the city limits that established a new standard for Major League Soccer venues.
It developed a loyal fan base that was responsible for an unusually boisterous game atmosphere.
And under Bradley, a former U.S. national team coach, it played the kind of attacking soccer that won over fans of the sport who were skeptical of the league.”
- LA Times, Dylan Hernandez
LAFC x Guess
Worked with Partnership Team to secure a 3 year commitment between LAFC and Guess Jeans. The first denim partner deal for a club in
Major League Soccer
Collaborated with Marciano by Guess to select suit styles for LAFC players
Collaborated with Guess Jeans to design player exclusive apparel in addition to retail pieces to hit stores in 2019
LAFC ICON x New Era
Work with LAFC’s Design Team and New Era to create the LAFC ICON fitted cap. LAFC is the first MLS Club to co-create a branded series of merchandise with New Era.
Creative Direct the cap’s lookbook with Club Photographer Imad Bolotok, to represent the city of Los Angeles through a photo series modeled by influencers and LAFC Players.
Co-produce the Cap Launch event with LAFC’s retail partner Fanatics at LAFC HQ (team store), that set headwear launch sales records.
adidas x Parley - LAFC Parley Jersey
Creative direct / shoot LAFC’s 2018 Parley Jersey, a League wide initiative for cleaner oceans.
LAFC x Pride Republic
Co-create Pride Month merchandise with LAFC’s Design Team to celebrate an important pillar of the Club : inclusivity and equality.
Creative direct a photoshoot with Pride Republic, LAFC’s first LGBTQ Community Fan Group with other Supporter Groups from the 3252 Independent Supporter’s Union.
Niky’s Sports x Mitchell & Ness : LAFC “Heart of Los Angeles” Tees
Designed the “Heart of Los Angeles'“ tee for LAFC.
LAFC HQ (Team Store) Located at Banc of California Stadium
Work with Engin Creative Design Team, LAFC Design Team, and Allister Annear, Head Merchandise Consultant of LAFC / VP of Merchandise of LA Dodgers to bring the space to life.
Work with LAFC Design Team to brand LAFC’s team store as “Headquarters” rather than “team store” to follow LAFC’s brand guidelines to be inclusive than to be transactional.
LAFC Merchandise Truck
Work with Club Designer Imad Bolotok to design the truck wrap that carries out the brand’s aesthetic seamlessly.
Collaborate with Fanatics, LAFC’s Retail Partner and Alex Sale of LAFC’s Brand & Community department to schedule Merchandise Truck Stops to generate merchandise revenue. The truck has traveled and collaborated with cornerstones of Los Angeles such as ; Randy’s Donuts, Pink’s Hot Dogs, Beer Belly Koreatown & Long Beach, Chica’s Tacos, Seoul Sausage, and many more.
LAFC - First Jerseys in Club History
Creative direct the First Jersey reveal in Club history by rallying local community leaders and noteable characters such as ;
Roy Choi (Kogi Truck), Dom Kennedy (rapper), Ben & Bobby Hundreds (streetwear brand owners), Ja Tecson (photographer), Justin Turner (baseball player), Kike Hernandez (baseball player), Dumbfoundead (rapper), and Shawna Gordon (former NWSL Player).
Reach out to cultural media channels and successfully gained attention and coverage from the likes of ; Hypebeast, Soccerbible, footyguidelines, Kicks to the Pitch, Magic Johnson, ESPN, and many more.
Collaborate with the LAFC Brand & Community Department for the first ever jersey launch in Club History. The event saw 2,000+ attendees that eagerly waited 3.5 years to purchase their Club’s first jersey. The launch event shattered record numbers for jersey launch in Major League Soccer, and the primary kit as it stands is the best selling jersey in Major League Soccer.